In observance of National Preservation Month this May, the Temple Main Street Program is sponsoring the inaugural Temple Architectural Appreciation Photography Contest. The purpose of the contest is to draw community attention to the importance of preserving and protecting our valuable community architectural assets through restoration of older buildings.
Rules of the contest are simple:1. Photograph a building in Temple that you feel is historic and appealing as a photo subject. For contest purposes, there is no set definition of "historic" - just choose an older building somewhere in Temple.
2. Have your photograph printed to an 8 x10” size and framed at no larger than an 11x14” size.
3. Print your name, phone number and e-mail address on the back of the framed photo-entry. Contact information must be clearly legible.
4. Contest is open to both professionals and amateurs of any age. Contestants may submit up to 3 entries.
5. Contestants must deliver their framed photos to the Discover Downtown Temple Office located at 101 N. Main Street, by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 29, 2019.
6. Contest judging will take place in April. First-place winner will receive a trophy. Second and third-place winners will receive prize ribbons. All winners will be recognized during May, which has been designated as National Preservation Month.
7. All photographs submitted will be used in public displays for a period of not more than 6 months – May-October. When these public displays have concluded, the photographs will be returned to contest entrants. Contestants will be called and/or E-mailed to collect their photograph. The Temple Main Street Program reserves the right to dispose of any unclaimed contest entries.
For more information about the Architectural Appreciation Photography Contest please contact Main Street Program Manager, Dan Kelleher at 254-298-5378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.